Thursday 19 August 2010

Blackberrryyyy!!!!

Wednesday 2pm...I was bored senseless with a nagging report I was trying to get rid of from my desk and a not so good looking outlook into my evening. Then I get a call from my small bro (been asked why I call him Wacko Jacko...I really don't know..the name stuck!)..Anyhow he asks "Kwani today you aint popping for the K'ogalo game?" I am a Gor ultra (violently fanatic supporters associated with the Juve club of Turin) and i did not need a second asking...."Nunulia mimi tikiti bwana!", I told Wacko. My plan was to go home , change into my green K'ogalo jersey and dash for the floodlit match in Nyayo stadium. I estimated leaving the office at 6pm would afford me sufficient time to speed up Langata road and back....As usual , whenever I make such plans, traffic makes its own plans...to cut the long story short, I found myself heading into the stadi win my suit (ok, I chucked the coat and tie to blend in.
I found Wacko waiting for me. He had bought me and my cousin (Mr.Sio) tickets to the main stand. This time round unlike the Ingwe match, there were no hitches checking into the stadi. The main stand as usual was packed to the rafters, with the K'ogalo faithful breaking into chants and their usual anthem..K'ogalooo...Goooor..Gor Mahia..K'ogalo eeeh, Gor timbe duto yuakni!.. which translates loosely to Son of Ogalo..Gor Mahia..all teams cry for you! The Liverpool legend Ian Rush was in attendance, and we was in for a PARTY!
As usual Jalas, the radio presenter was in his element conducting the choir of ultraz as they set the stands ablaze with their chants. Gor did not disappoint and dominated the soldiers as they made them chase shadows all over the pitch. The soldiers (as is expected of one) had a solid defence (not too solid though) and midway through the first half, Gor had scored , rattled the crossbar and had been caught offside a trailer-load of times.
Second half had its own drama. After the halftime entertainment from the chanting k'ogalo fans, Gor had a player sent off and the coach sent to the stands (he had strayed from his technical area to be honest and was protesting too much to the ref)..This had the K'ogalo fans baying for the ref's blood as some started hurling missiles into the pitch! Game was temporarily stopped as the ref gathered "evidence" and the linesman got hit by something flung from the terraces. Somehow play resumed, and ten man Gor managed to get the soldiers on the counter with Blackberry waltzing through almost five men including the goalie and slotting a second to send the crowd into a maaad frenzy! At this point, the ref was forgiven (I think)
Well Gor closes the gap on the top of the table now, Can't wait for the next one!
Gor biro..yawne yoo!....Gor biro..yawne yoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment