Thursday 30 May 2013

Striving to be a better person

I have always quietly wondered to myself, "why am I?...", and why do I continue existing in this space unsure of my purpose and effect. Mid-life crisis one may say, or am just bored...either way, I have recently gone into a period of confusion, uncertainty and basically soul searching. It's like I have these episodes every now and then, and each time I come out thinking "Hey, I think I've got it!", I slowly descend into my abyss again.
I have recently signed up for 10 week course at the local church, a member of a certain Battalion 5. I wont go into the details, coz like parliament/Vegas, the discussions are privileged. But the content of the course are quite interesting. I would recommend any budding 21-40something (yes bado ni ma-yut hawa watu) to sign up and join this interesting journey where we hope to answer the very many questions we men struggle with in relation to our purpose. You will be surprised at how un-isolated your struggles are, and you get to share and learn from each member of the struggles and the path to follow as we progress with our lives. It will not necessarily make me the perfect man, but I know it is making me a better one. The 7am start in itself and the...(ok I am giving away too much)
It is a cool way to bond with other folks of our polarity (male) and gives you a foundation both in scripture and practical life of how to fulfill your potential and responsibilities as a man. Anyway it's only week 3, but I am enjoying the journey and the brothers in tow.

1 comment: